13 bidders and i don't get the joke. What's the punchline?

This amp came in as part of huge amount of items from an estate. It is not tested for sound quality. All tubes do light up. There is no warranty, no return. I will pack to the best of my 35 years experience but not guaranty on tubes for breakage nor function. This amp is very heavy. Made in the USA
Buy with confidence from one of the USA's longest existing, most knowledgeable audio dealers:
Minnesota Audio Labs Tube Power Amplifier Amp Made in USA | eBay
13 bidders and i don't get the joke. What's the punchline?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

It is not tested for sound quality.
There is no warranty, no return.
no guarantee on tubes for breakage nor function.
But Buy with confidence.
I just found that humorous.

Honestly I have no problem with any of that. I would pack the tubes separately, but might post the same thing. Bid accordingly.
I would have zero interest in buying somebody a set of tubes just because he is unhappy. And if I start an amp low I certainly would not warranty it.
At some point, you have to understand the difference between an auction and retail sale. An honest seller describes an item accurately, and a smart buyer bids accordingly. It's a used "as found' item, not new. I have MUCH more of a problem with sellers of shoddy new items.
The seller has 100% feedback, he is doing something right.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

I don't have a problem with it either. I just found the comedic timing of the text funny.
OK, i get it, my coffee hadn't kicked in.
His mention of tube breakage is something i automatically look at as an invitation to offer the seller a bit more to pack them separately.
Keep looking at various audio gear, you'll find sellers that are much further "out there" than this chap.![]()
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

sounds like cya to me.
i would guess that anyone buying used tube stuff would a; know what they're buying and b; know how to fix it
Sonic Barbarian
Bookmarks